New Forest residents and businesses are being encouraged to complete a short survey to help New Forest District Council better understand broadband needs in the New Forest.
The survey can be completed online until 9 August at www.nfbp.org.uk/blog/bnfbroadbandsurvey. The feedback will be used to influence when and where superfast broadband will be rolled out across the district.
In March, Hampshire County Council signed a £13.8 million contract with BT to provide a county-wide high speed network that will deliver superfast broadband (24Mbps) to 90% of properties in Hampshire and a minimum of 2Mbps to the remaining 10%.
New Forest District Council, Hampshire County Council and other local authorities, have invested £5 million in the project and were awarded the same figure from BDUK. BT is contributing an additional £3.8 million towards the cost of installing the new fibre infrastructure, bringing the total investment in the project to just over £13.8 million.
Leader of New Forest District Council, Councillor Barry Rickman, said: “Enabling people and businesses to get online is crucial for the on-going social and economic prosperity of the New Forest.
“We have made a significant investment in this county-wide project and we now want to ensure that as many New Forest residents and businesses as possible can benefit.
“We need people to complete our online survey so that we can understand their existing provision, any limitations and what improvements they would like. This will ensure we have as great an influence as possible over when and where superfast broadband is rolled out.”
The first communities to benefit from this project are expected to have access to the high-speed technology by the end of this year, with the programme due to be completed by the end of 2015.
Search our site:
Members of the public are very welcome to attend Parish Council meetings. Please look out for our next agenda on the parish notice boards or on the website.
- Mon04Oct20217:30 pm
- Mon18Oct20217:30 pm