Minutes of the meeting of the Amenities Committee
on Monday 13th September 2021 at 7.30pm
Councillors: Mr M Proctor (Chairman) – in the chair (P)
Councillors: Mr M Havercroft (A)
Mr G Wright (P)
Mr R Young (P)
Mr B Bucknell (P)
Mr J Case (A)
(A) Absent (P) Present
In attendance: Mrs C Cockeram – Deputy Clerk to the Council
Also present: District Cllr Bennison
Apologies for absence
- Cllr J Case
- No members of the public were present
Declarations of Interest
4. RESOLVED: To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 14th June 2021 as true record.
AMF Supervisors Report:
- Football now in full swing plus 3G
- Party in the Park and the Fete all went well
- Summer groundsman Paul Fisher started and Karl Smith left
- Paul only here till mid-September 20hrs a week
- Grass cutting / hedge cutting / strimming continues
- 2 new swing seats and chains fitted in the Under 12’s play area
- Orchard … most of the fruit was pulled off before it had time to mature
- Small amount of fly tipping in Cork Lane / Cork Field car park and Tides Way
- Broken glass up at the Skate Park / picnic table on a regular basis
- Travellers at Cork Field – purchased new padlock and chain for Lloyds and had a ditch dug at Cork Field
- New flowers planted at the Falklands Memorial and in the Boat.
- Village News delivered
- PAT Testing carried out in workshop and pavilion
- Cut the grass in front of the S&G building – too uneven to do a proper job
- Dog fouling and litter still a problem – new dog bins are needed as well as a replacement bin at Cork Field.
Height Restriction Barriers – Lloyd Recreation Ground:
RESOLVED: It was agreed to except the quote from StopEm at £1,389.30 excluding VAT.
Oak Tree opposite The Roebuck Pub:
6. Members noted the condition of the tree and the Corporate Tree Officers notes.
RESOLVED: To take advice from the NFDC Tree officer but recommendation to remove the majority of the large limbs and retain a section as a habitat pole for wildlife.
Common Ash – Kingfisher Way:
7. The Ash was felled in 2020. It was recommended that a replacement tree was planted adjacent to this tree due to the historic protection.
RESOLVED: A budget of approx. £300 was set to replace with the possibility of an Oak mirroring one that is already there.
Wild Flower Planting:
8. Cllr Wright reported that everything is progressing well. He has received a grant from Marchwood Power to cover the full amount for the project. The children from the Junior School will be involved in the planting of the wild flower seeds and then display small signs identifying what the flowers are.
8 (a) Litter picking: Cllr Wright reported that a litter pick was carried out after the Party in the Park as well as the Fete. No other dates have been scheduled as the Army have volunteered to do another one soon. They are in communication with Cllr Wright.
8 (b) Wild Flowers: As above.
Parish Council Amenities Committee priorities for 2020/21
9. Healthy walks and footpaths around the Village:
This was discussed at the last meeting of the Parish Council and are awaiting an update from the Clerk.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.20pm