Christmas is nearly upon us and we are all out shopping for presents for family, friends and work colleagues. It is an enjoyable time of year. So, please take care as you don’t want your presents stolen from under the tree. Hampshire Constabulary have a list of timely reminders for householders.
• Don’t leave Christmas presents in view of a window.
• If you are buying or receiving valuable gifts such as bikes, mobiles or electrical items register them for free at www.immobilise.com in doing so you will assist the police in returning your property should it be lost or stolen.
• Dispose of present packaging carefully as empty boxes left outside can advertise that you have goods inside.
• Refrain from keeping large amounts of cash at home.
• A secure home will reduce the chance of a burglary. Make sure windows and doors are locked every time you leave
the house. Avoid leaving tools and ladders lying around that could assist someone get into your home.
• When you go out at night make it appear that someone is home. Draw the curtains and leave a light on. You could
always put a lamp or radio on a timer switch.
• Never allow people into your home unless you are expecting them or have made arrangements with the company
• Never buy goods and services at the door or give away personal information.